Saturday, June 26, 2010

FROM SUCRE TO BUENOS AIRES INTERNATIONAL BOOK FAIR


From Sucre I looked at the map and let me finger mark the position of Buenos Aires, where my presence was awaited in the 36th Intenational Book Fair. There I am meant to sign copies of my book "Vagabonding in the Axis of Evil" at the stand of Del Nuevo Extremo Publishing Group. In the picture, the ride from Sucre to Potosi with Alex's family.

South of Potosí, at a village called Villanueva, the attendant of the peage lifts the bareer each time a drivers pays the toll.


North of Bolivia, I had to cross th Cuesta de Sama.



Pipo and Sara, my drivers and host in San Telmo, Bolivia. He had been living in the UK for a year, where he met his wife.



Border crossing over the Bermejo River from Bolivia to Argentina.



This Chrysler Caliber driven by this family proves wrong two things. Firstly, that Bolivians always ask for money. Secondly, that women will never give you rides. They were on their way to Salta, in Argentina, to make an ecography for one of them who was pregnant.


Already in Argentinean territory I was stopped by this journalist and cameraman at Fraile Pintado, Jujuy. It seemed they were short of news...

No comments: